~*~ Rose-Colored Glosses ~*~

hovering between the quest for absolute truth and the pursuit of utter nonsense
 
gloss, n.
  1. A brief explanatory note usually inserted in the margin or between lines of a text.
  2. An extensive commentary, often accompanying a text or publication.
  3. A purposefully misleading interpretation or explanation.
~ welcome to Rose-Colored Glosses ~ bloghome | contact ~
* Archives *
March 2003
April 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
December 2006
January 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
November 2008
February 2009
March 2009
February 2012
* Stuff I Read *
Bioethics Blog
Poor Mojo's Newswire
Balashon
Language Hat
Overheard In New York
Areas of His Expertise
Dooce
xkcd
* Quotes *
"The limits of my language means the limits of my world."
-Ludwig Wittgenstein
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it."
-Mahatma Gandhi
Segal's Law:
A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
"Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And East is East and West is West and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste more like prunes than a rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know."
-Groucho Marx

~ Friday, March 19, 2004 ~

Who knew that Rosie the Riveter was a lefty?
This is an idea I had that I'd fully expected someone else to have realized already. If I'd had the patience, I'd have replaced "we can do it" with the Hebrew phrase that's transliterated "na'aseh otoh", which means "we will do it," but as it happened, I lacked the patience. As it is, this phrase probably better expresses the intent of the message anyway; it's not that all Jewish women shall wear tefillin so much as that they may.



For the curious, the wiki encyclopedia has a very helpful explanation of the controversy surrounding women and tefillin.

Current Music: "Hey, Julie" by Fountains of Wayne has been in my head all afternoon.

~ prattled by Miriam at 3:12 p.m. [+]

* * *
Comments:
so silly...
the reason men don tefillin is because they must...
women are more spiritual inside, they don't need the external boost to remind them what matters..
We are two students in Los Angeles, and we too thought of this poster idea, but in our hubris we thought we were the only ones.

Mazal tov, and good luck to all future egalitarian propaganda!
isnt it meant to be on the left arm?
I, of course, a newcomer to this blog, but the author does not agree
Wow nice post ,I am really impressed by title of the poster .
Really an fantastic i really like it very useful an informative.Thank you for sharing.
Wow nice post ,I am really impressed by title of the poster .

Custom Logo Design
Wow nice post ,I am really impressed by title of the poster .
Your idea for this topic is amazing.
Okay. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, I am glad to came here! Thank you for for sharing so great thing to us.
I am rattling enjoyed for this side. Its a respectable topic. It support me real more to calculate both problems. Its opportunity are so extraordinary and working style so fast. I anticipate it may be help all of you. Thanks.
I must show my thanks to the writer just for rescuing me from such a crisis. As a result of looking throughout the world-wide-web and seeing thoughts which were not productive, I assumed my entire life was well over. Being alive devoid of the solutions to the difficulties you’ve resolved as a result of your entire site is a serious case, as well as the kind which could have in a negative way affected my entire career if I had not discovered the website. Your personal natural talent and kindness in dealing with almost everything was helpful. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come upon such a point like this. I am able to at this point relish my future. Thanks so much for your high quality and effective help. I will not hesitate to propose your web site to any individual who needs to have counseling on this problem.Pizza Coupons
coupons for free
Thank you so much for providing individuals with an exceptionally wonderful possibility to read from this blog. It is usually so kind and also full of a good time for me personally and my office friends to visit the blog on the least three times every week to see the latest issues you have. And indeed, I’m certainly satisfied with all the remarkable things you serve. Certain 2 facts on this page are unequivocally the best we have all had.International phone cards |
cheap telephone cards
Great article, it was very helpful! I just started in this and I'm getting to know it better! Cheers, keep up the good work!
Thank you so much for providing individuals with an exceptionally wonderful possibility to read from this blog. It is usually so kind and also full of a good time for me personally and my office friends to visit the blog on the least three times every week to see the latest issues you have. And indeed, I’m certainly satisfied with all the remarkable things you serve. Certain 2 facts on this page are unequivocally the best we have all had.ipad or tablet |
online home business
I'm still learning from you, but I'm trying to achieve my goals. I certainly enjoy reading all that is posted on your blog.Keep the information coming. I loved it!
Thank you so much for providing individuals with an exceptionally wonderful possibility to read from this blog. It is usually so kind and also full of a good time for me personally and my office friends to visit the blog on the least three times every week to see the latest issues you have. And indeed, I’m certainly satisfied with all the remarkable things you serve. Certain 2 facts on this page are unequivocally the best we have all had. Dog Training Tips |
Dog Training
Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it.

Ready-Made Software Logo
There Is Obviously a lot to know about this. I suppose you made Some Great points in the Feature also.
I read your whole blog. Your work is really good and inseparable. Thanks for sharing.


Logo Design
It’s a great site to see. That will help for improvisation of me. Will definitely marked as Bookmark.
Post a Comment

This page is 

powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?